Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, April 19, 2010

'Nesting' can make you do some pretty funny things.

The week before I had Grace, I was running around like a mad woman trying to get various things done because I 'knew' that once she got here, my time would be limited to those activities.

One thing that was very important to me was getting together fun activities/projects for Parker to do. I had noticed that her time spent in front of the TV was increasing (partly due to the winter and being inside, and partly due to us letting the TV 'babysit' while we got things done), and I felt really guilty about it. And with the new baby coming, I was afraid the time in front of the TV would increase even more. So I wanted to find activities that would be fun and educational.

To be honest, I haven't done activities as much as I want, but it's a start.

So anyway....back to the whole reason for writing this post.

The week before I had Grace, I was scouring through websites (listed in my sidebar) and The Toddlers Busy Book for toddler learning activity ideas, making lists of supplies that I would need (since I wouldn't be able to run out to the store every time I needed something), running around to Hobby Lobby and Michael's to pick up those supplies, etc.

After purchasing all of these supplies, I ran out of time (and energy) and never organized and put them away. They are are all mostly sitting in the bags that they came in and scattered all over the closet in our office.

And because I am so unorganized......I had forgotten about most of the things I had purchased, but was pleasantly surprised when I found them.

Like these foam letters....

And foam numbers....

These paints..

And these sponges. (I think she'll really enjoy getting to paint with these.)


But the other day, when I was looking through the closet for some glue or construction paper or something.... I found this....

I laughed out loud.

I mean....really......of all the things......good golly.......thank goodness I got all of that glitter!!! Haha! I must have really thought glitter was so important and that we'd really need it....and in all of the different colors!

And now that I have bared my soul.....I think maybe I should organize that closet?

2 comments:

Viv said...

Gosh you girls make me smile!

Kristin said...

Dang that is a lot of glitter!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails