Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Wish us luck tonight....

UPDATE: Last night went pretty well! I rocked her for about a minute like I always do...then laid her down, gave her a kiss, and told her night night. Then about 2 minutes later she is crying and saying "mommy, mommy..." over and over again for about a minute....it was sad because you could tell it was because she was scared (or something like that). I almost walked in, but then she stopped. Then a few minutes later she did it again. But then stopped and slept the whole night!

Then tonight she was a little clingy and didn't want me to put her down...but I feel like that may be because I only saw her for 15 minutes today. I laid her down...she rolled over...then cried for a minute and is now sleeping soundly in her bed (for now).

I know it's just a matter of time before she figures out she can get out and run around her room. She hasn't napped there yet because she was at my mom's today, and she'll be there tomorrow for her nap, as well....so Saturday will be the test!

I do think it was good for us to make her crib into a toddler bed first because she really did seem 'scared' to not be in the confines of her crib. I think it would have been more of a 'dramatic' change putting her straight into her big girl bed (which is coming very, very soon!) I hate to compare it to a dog....but you know how they come to feel safe in their crate?? Well....she feels safe in her crib...where we leave her alone every night in the dark.










4 comments:

Kristin said...

Oh my goodness I love the videos!!!!!!

Kelli @ Our Growing Family said...

The videos were cracking me up!! I had to watch each of them a few times because they were so cute. I can't wait to hear how it goes!

Milstead said...

We LOVED the videos. Someone's excited about the new bed! :) I love her to pieces!!!

Viv said...

I love the videos too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails