Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, April 3, 2009

A Day in the Life....with Daddy


Or, perhaps, the title more fitting would be..... "What Daddies Let Their Kids Do When Mommies Are Not There."

Or.... "When the Cat's Away the Mice Will Play."

Or...."Let's Break All the Rules While Mommy is Gone."

Ok....maybe I am exaggerating a little... But I must say....I am not normally an exaggerator.....:)

But then again- normalcy is relative anyway.

I digress...

Anyway- I came up with this idea about a week ago for Geoff to chronicle his day with Parker to give me a closer glimpse into their day. So I've been building this up to him on and off for about a week now....and since I was gone the whole day today until 4:00 this afternoon....I thought it'd be the perfect day.

I knew that it would be neat to come and look at the pictures and actually see what went on while I was at school all day because, although he tells me what they do (for the most part)...rarely does he ever take pictures. But I don't think I prepared myself fully for what the pictures would reveal. For instance.....what they literally do all day!

But isn't that what I wanted to know in the first place, you ask??? Yes...but you see......

Here goes.....and I must forewarn....there are many many pictures because I could simply not choose to leave any of them out!...They just all have meaning to me for some reason...so it will not hurt my feelings if you skip a few here and there....

Waking up in the morning...

...trying to hand Daddy her dollie and blankie



Ummm...I think we may have a baby that is almost able to crawl out of her crib....uuhh-oohh......


...I'm not sure I'm liking what I'm seeing....


Breakfast....




A morning play session outside......

...with her best bud "Lo-lla!"....(Lola)


Now here's where the day starts to become different than something I would have done....

...the blankie....that she sleeps with....outside.... is in the sand box...... ummmm...I'm not quite sure how to feel about this....I was seriously getting squirmy as I looked at these pictures for the first time....and the hair in her face....hasn't he ever heard of a hair bow??....




...Throwing sand?? Not so much. If she does this with me...I put the lid back on. I'm such a mean Mommy!....



...Around 11:30- 12:00....it's lunch time....

...slowly but surely she is getting better with feeding herself...but to be honest...she is lazy a lot of the time and gets tired of missing her mouth so much and then wants us to feed her....which is ok with me for now....

So she finished her yogurt and summer sausage.....and said "Auuh-nun!!" Which means..."All done!" So Geoff got her down from her booster seat. Only instead of going to play...she ran to the fridge and was patting on it and making noises. So Geoff opened it up...and she pointed to the noodles that I had made for her spaghetti on Thursdsay night. So then Daddy- decides to give her these noodles. All of these noodles...
"what are your first thoughts when you see this picture??" Exactly.

...So after lunch is Word World time....so he, naturally....let's her sit in her chair....eating noodles.....while she stairs intently at the television screen. This is all so lovely....I know....









....but I must say....she's pretty darn-tootin' cute doing it!!





...all the while....still watching Word World....

...she can't take her eyes off 0f the screen....




...I think this next picture was especially for me...."Hey Mom! Look at me...I'm eating all of this spaghetti in the living room and you're not here to stop me!! Hahaha!" (I'm only kidding....I think.)



...and this was inevitable....I guess. Geoff did say that at first he was just letting her eat it because he would normally do that....but then when she started getting it on the floor....that he just let her keep playing with it for a while for the sake of the pictures.

What do you believe? I'm still on the fence....as evidenced by some of the behaviors observed from earlier in the day (i.e. her blankie and dolls
in the sand cart). :)



...After lunch and Word World is nap time.....and the next pictures are of Geoff getting Parker after her nap....


...trying to hand him her dolls as always.....



...then they go outside for a little while longer until I come home and spoil all of their fun.....






So although Geoff may do things slightly {ah-hem...clearing my throat} different than me... One thing's for sure.....our little girl is definitely taken care of!

5 comments:

Kristin said...

That was a great story... I kind of can't believe he let her eat the spaghetti in the Pink Chair... I thought that was maybe more for Cheerios, Crackers, Grapes, i.e. But I am sure glad that he did because that is so funny and then they were all over the floor.. That's hilarious. But you are certainly right, she is taken care of and at least you know she is at home with her daddy!!

When you see the first picture you think, "oh Geoff just let her eat spaghetti by herself, no biggie.." but then the story proceeds and she is eating it from the floor.. LOL" This is classic!!

Viv said...

So sweet and cute!Loved them all!

Jodie said...

Love this! What a great idea to get a glimpse of their day

Milstead said...

LOVE this post. Great pictures, Geoff! My favorite is the spaghetti in the face. Oh, you need that framed. I need that framed!

Unknown said...

Daddy's definitely are different than Mommy's - no doubt... all men think women protest to much about children being so neat, clean... how can one have any fun if there are so many rules...right?

Which is why the good Lord made us different - we tend to balance each other out..

Everyone is happy - especially Parker and that is what counts the most!

As always - thanks to you both (Geoff and Marla) for sharing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails